Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Lord Is My Shepherd

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.
3 He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever (Psalm 23 : 1 - 6 - ESV)

 This was the first prayer, i learned as a littile girl. My mother was very proud of me because, she taught me how to read using the bible. As i kneeled on the floor in front of her, I read all the words correctly and her face lit up with joy. I was happy, i read my fears of the belt away and as i wipe away my tears, i grow stronger. Whenever i was afraid, i would whisper this prayer with my eyes shut tightly. I still love this prayer and some day, i'll teach it to my daughter without the belt. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment